by John A. Tvedtnes
The Most Correct Book. Over the years, Book of Mormon scholars have noticed extraordinary clues hidden in its subtle details. Many of these have proven the source of convincing evidence that the Book of Mormon is a genuine history. This outstanding work by a scholar of Middle Eastern antiquities presents some of that evidence. Included in The Most Correct Book are insights about:
- Discoveries made since the time of Joseph Smith that suggest the ancient existence and nature of “reformed Egyptian.”
- Newly discovered texts that show Jeremiah really did testify of the Savior, as taught in the Book of Mormon.
- Old World writings that support the Brother of Jared’s idea to light the Jaredite barges with stones touched by the Savior.
- Evidence that Laban was involved in a conspiracy with the Elders in Jerusalem much like those of the Gadianton Robbers.
- The Old World profession of Lehi and his sons.
- Some eye-opening similarities between the slaying of Laban by Nephi and the slaying of the Egyptian by Moses.
- The probable timing of the Savior’s visit to the Nephites.
- The similarity of untranslated words in the Book of Mormon (like “ziff”) to words in certain Middle Eastern languages.
- Why oaths in the Book of Mormon were relied on in war.
- Ancient texts that upheld Nephi’s teaching about Satan.
A powerful testimony of Joseph Smith’s prophetic calling, this book demonstrates the inspired nature of the work he described as “the most correct of any book on earth” (DHC 4:461).
- “I Make this Small Abridgment”
- Mormon as an Abridger of Ancient Records
- Reformed Egyptian
- Hidden Records
- Who Are the “Gentiles”?
- Contents of the 116 Lost Pages and the Large Plates
- “That Which You Have Retained”
- The Prophets of the Exile
- The Elders at Jerusalem in the Days of Lehi
- Was Lehi a Caravaneer?
- Jeremiah’s Prophecies of Jesus Christ
- “He Shall Prepare a Way”
- The Slaying of Laban
- A New Testament Parallel to Lehi’s Tree of Life Vision
- “By Small Means”
- “That They Might Have Joy”
- Opposition in All Things
- Captivity of the Devil
- Lucifer, Son of the Morning
- Promiscuity and the Search for Wealth
- “The Choirs Above”
- The Thoughts and Intents of the Heart
- “How Beautiful Upon the Mountains”
- The Nephite Purification Ceremony
- Some Aspects of Nephite Kingship
- Kings and Judges in the Bible and the Book of Mormon
- The Captivity of the Fathers
- Watch and Pray
- The Evil Spirit
- The Two Great Sins
- Raised by a Handclasp
- “That They May be Kept Bright”
- Oaths in the Book of Mormon
- In the Strength of the Lord
- “That Which is to Come”
- Angels Announce the Coming of Christ
- Events Surrounding Christ’s Death and Resurrection
- The Timing of Christ’s Appearance to the Nephites
- Christ’s Visit to the Nephites As a Type of His Second Coming
- Performances and Ordinances of the Law
- Becoming As Little Children
- Hungering and Thirsting After Righteousness
- The Jaredite Ocean Voyage
- The Role of the Book of Mormon in the Restoration of the Church
- Unanswered Questions in the Book of Mormon
- The Messiah, the Book of Mormon, and the Dead Sea Scrolls
- Untranslated Words in the Book of Mormon
6” x 9” paperback