by S. Brent Farley
In Spiritually Yours, Brother S. Brent Farley has shared choice experiences to help us in our quest for eternal life. As he begins, he shares examples of what it means to have faith, and tells how we can develop that quality. He then shares insights concerning the process by which we can gain a testimony of the prophets, and shows how we can obtain a wealth of knowledge and spiritual understanding from the scriptures. Other chapters show us how to gain from difficult experiences in our lives, and demonstrate the importance of putting a little extra effort into the things we do. Our marital relationships are discussed, and Brother Farley emphasizes the importance of being faithful and creating a “celestial” home for husband, wife, and the children they bring into this world. The goal of every Latter-day Saint is to obtain a celestial inheritance, by following the steps of the Savior along the pathway of gospel progression. This pathway, at times, can be difficult to recognize and follow. However, with insights drawn from the experiences of others, the task becomes easier than it first may appear.We must all learn how to keep the commandments, and how to follow the process of repentance in order to stay on the straight and narrow road. Through humility in our lives, and by living in moderation, all of God’s children are able to gain eternal life. Spiritually Yours is important for all Latter-day Saints because it demonstrates that the goal of exaltation is within the grasp of all who will put forth the effort required.
- Faith: The Spark of Power
- A Testimony of the Prophets
- The Wealth Within the Scriptures
- Turning Trials Into Triumphs
- Going the Second Gospel Mile: Running or Jogging?
- Husbands and Wives in the Gospel
- Offspring: A Lease With the Option to Buy
- Child Rearing Guides from the Creation Account
- The Truth Shall Make You Free
- The Measure of Intelligence: “I.Q.” or “C.Q.”?
- Your Conscience: War or Peace?
- Behold, Are Ye Stripped of Pride?
- Eternal Roots
- Insights Through Music
- Saints: The Embryos of Gods
6″ x 9″ hardback