by Duane S. Crowther
Prophets and Prophecies of the Old Testament contains a wealth of valuable information on all the Old Testament prophets! Though reading the Old Testament is a daunting challenge for many, this book provides the information they need to really understand the writings of the Old Testament prophets and assimilate their messages. Teachers love it! There are many new LDS Institute and Seminary instructors who have told the author that “this book saved my life!” It has been used as a textbook or special reference book in many high school- and college-level classes. If you want to really understand the Bible, Prophets and Prophecies of the Old Testament truly deserves a front-and-center place in your personal reference library.
This is what this comprehensive book about the Old Testament prophets can do for you:
- It provides a concise outline presentation for each prophet which includes the prophet’s name, scriptural information about him, the dates of his mission, to whom he prophesied, the names of the contemporary kings of his period, a description of national conditions, an outline of the book, a doctrinal analysis of his teachings, comments on the style of the book, its textual transmission, author and date of authorship, Bible criticism, changes made in Joseph Smith’s Inspired Version, and a thorough summary.
- Comprehensive historical chapters detail the kings and major events of each historical period.
- Listings and analysis of the major doctrinal themes.
- Effective chapter summaries highlight the essential items for learning.
- Listing and ordering all prophecies about the last days.
- Chronological charts showing the various datings of Bible scholars.
- Chapters and verses are outlined for each of the prophets.
- Interpretive comment on many items of doctrinal interest.
- Comparisons of the differences between the King James Translation and the Inspired Version prepared by Joseph Smith.
6″ x 9″ hardback