Neil H. Leash
Prophetic Statements on Food Storage for Latter-day Saints has one promise when it comes to food storage—peace of mind and how to earn it. Author Neil H. Leash has drawn together the messages of LDS General Authorities given to the Saints concerning the essential need for food storage in preparation for tribulations. He focuses on “crystallizing moments”—sudden events that radically changed mankind’s actions and directions during the past century—and shows that similar events can be expected in the future. “The degree of our preparation will equal the extent of our obedience, which will determine the measure of our peace of mind,” writes the author. He shows that prophetic warnings and promises, both past and current, clearly show that many Saints are not prepared for emergencies.
In addition to answering questions such as “Where should Latter-day Saints live during times of tribulation?” and “Should we share our food storage?” this important book offers a brief review of monetary history, comments on the human factors of economics, and basic food storage quantities.
In no other single volume can you get prophetic guidance that gives you the basic principles of food storage and helps you gain for yourself and your family the peace of mind you’ve been seeking.
- Editor’s and Publisher’s Foreword
- Author’s Introduction
- Life-Shaping Moments Alter the Course of Our Lives
- Some Insights on Following a Prophet
- Lessons from Church History on Preparedness and Obedience
- A Prophet Discusses Concerns for the 21st Century
- Prophetic Statements About Events Preceding the Second Coming of Christ
- The Preparedness Responsibilities of Local Church Leaders
- The Saints Are Not Prepared
- Where Should Latter-day Saints Live During Times of Tribulation?
- Should We Share Our Food Storage with Others?
- To Disbelievers and Those Who “Almost” Believe
- Food Storage—An Act of Faith, Obedience and Devotion
- Summary of Food Storage Recommendations—1840’s to 1990’s
- Some Observations on Financial Readiness
6” x 9” paperback