by Duane S. Crowther
Jesus of Nazareth, Savior and King is an inspirational New Testament history of the four gospels that detail 414 events in the life of Jesus Christ, the Savior.
Here are some of the features that make it a precious guide for studying f Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John:
- It treats the events of the Savior’s life in a precise chronological order, period by period, with seasons, locations, and tentative dates for every event.
- It provides numerous maps keyed to the numbered events in Christ’s life and ministry, tracing his travels.
- It provides essential background information on Jewish and Roman customs and practices of that time period.
- As it correlates the 414 events in the Savior’s ministry, it shows the parallel references from each of the four gospels and indicates which account is the most thorough and descriptive for each event.
- It lists and summarizes each of Jesus’s 24 significant discourses.
- It cross-references each period to chapters in three significant scholarly works on the life of Christ written by Edersheim, Farrar, and Talmage.
- It is loaded with historical notes which reflect the findings and insights of modern scholars and certified Israeli tour guides concerning Christ’s life and times.
- It is very readable and written on a level it can be used and enjoyed by high school-aged students as well as college-aged and adult readers, students, missionaries, and Bible scholars.
- It correlates with the author’s second New Testament volume: The Gospel Rolls Forth: New Testament Events from Acts Through Revelation.
6″ x 9″ paperback