by Duane S. Crowther
Topics: Warnings, Prophetic Warnings to America, do not believe in God, will not serve God, turn to wickedness, do not repent, fight against Zion, great and abominable church, secret combinations, choose iniquity, conflict, apostasy, famine, sword, war, pestilence, desolating scourge, will be destroyed, last days, Prophecy: Key to the Future
Inspired Prophetic Warnings It draws from a broad array of prophetic statements found in inspired discourses spoken and written by inspired prophets, both ancient and modern, integrating their messages so the many interwoven themes are easily understood. Many of the recorded prophecies are specifically directed to the people of America. The scriptures and modern prophets together proclaim solemn warnings for those living in the Saturday evening of time: mankind must repent and serve God or more severe judgments than the earth has ever known in its history will be poured out upon them! Numerous recorded prophecies contain warnings that if the inhabitants of America turn to wickedness, fight against Zion, or allow secret combinations to spread, this great nation may be destroyed. Also contained are warnings of severe persecutions to be heaped upon the Saints in the last days. The recorded prophecies warn of a third world war, a fourth world war, and a period between them of world-wide anarchy and chaos. Visions of judgments by famine, sword and pestilence are recorded and described. The prophecies warn that international strife and distress will continue through the great Battle of Armageddon. All of these admonitions are recorded and explained in this book.
Of particular value is the section on choosing a personal course for the future. Words of counsel, revealed over the years, are cited to help the Saints maintain their spiritual and temporal stability as the judgments of the last days are poured out.
Solidly based in the scriptural doctrines of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Inspired Prophetic Warnings has had a broad impact on thousands of readers. Its timely message is valuable to all who prepare for the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the events prophesied to precede his advent. The book continues the warning message of the author’s earlier classic Prophecy—Key to the Future but features mostly new material and insights. It is considered to be Volume 2 of the former work.
The book’s chapters are:
SECTION 1: The Prophetic Warnings
- First Warning: Those Who Do Not Believe in God Will Be Destroyed
- Second Warning: Those Who Will Not Serve God Will Be Destroyed
- Third Warning: If the People Turn to Wickedness, They and the Land Will Be Cursed
- Fourth Warning: If the People Do Not Repent, They Will Be Destroyed
- Fifth Warning: If the People Fight Against Zion, They Will Be Destroyed
- Sixth Warning: The Great and Abominable Church Will Persecute the Saints
- Seventh Warning: If Secret Combinations Are Allowed to Spread, the Nation Will Be Destroyed
- Eighth Warning: If the People Choose Iniquity, Judgments Will Come upon Them
- Ninth Warning: Conflict and Apostasy
SECTION 2: Famine, Sword and Pestilence—Instruments of God’s Judgments
- Prophecies of Future Famine
- God Has Decreed Wars upon the Wicked
- Pestilence and the Lord’s Desolating Scourge
SECTION 3: Personal Preparation for the Last Days
- Choosing a Course for the Future
List of Quotations
6” x 9” paperback