by Nancy and Dean Hoch
Go for the Eagle is a step-by-step guide to the attainment of the Eagle Scout rank. It gives valuable instruction and counsel which supplements and enhances what is found in other Boy Scout publications. Though written specifically for Boy Scouts, it’s also an extremely valuable tool for Scout leaders and parents. Though some of the requirements and procedures for earning the Eagle Scout rank have changed since this book was written, it still contains much valuable information and counsel for parents and boys alike. It describes:
- The importance of becoming an Eagle Scout
- The basic requirements of merit badge work
- The importance of being a motivated Scout
- How to prepare for and keep track of service hours
- What can be accomplished in Scout camps
- How to select a project, get it approved, and get started on it
- A sample Eagle project calendar
- How to write up the Eagle papers
- A checklist for the Eagle application and procedures
- The Final Board of Review
- Planning a memorable Court of Honor
- Why the Eagle?
- How Do You Eat an Elephant?
- Who Helps?
- Preparing for the Big One
- For the Fun of It
- The All-Important Eagle Service Project
- The Project Writeup
- Wrapping It Up
- Worth It All
- Flying With the Eagles
5.5” x 8.5” paperback