by Duane S. Crowther
Doctrinal Dimensions is a powerful exposition and statement of major doctrines and missionary messages of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! It treats essential themes with careful documentation, meaningful new insights, and clarity for which the author’s books and lectures are well known.
- Biblical Proofs of the Restored Church and Biblical Proofs of the Book of Mormon provide detailed explanations of the Bible’s prophecies and references and doctrines concerning the apostasy, restoration, and coming forth of the Book of Mormon. Together, these two chapters form a powerful Biblical tapestry upon which the following chapters are woven.
- God Speaks Through Prophets Today and Joseph Smith—a True Prophet of God clearly establish the doctrines and Biblical basis for modern revelation and cite numerous examples of the prophetic insights and fulfilled prophecies of the Church’s first prophet and spokesman for God in the latter days.
- A Latter-day Saint View of Christ and the Trinity presents a powerful rebuttal of the “three-in-one” concept of God commonly found in the creeds of secular Christianity, while clearly defining essential differences between Protestant and Latter-day Saint theology.
- Doctrinal Evidences that Mormons are Christians challenges the false assertions of anti-Mormon critics that Mormonism is not a Christian religion: seventy-two different principles and aspects of Latter-day Saint doctrines in the divinity of Jesus Christ are carefully documented. This chapter shows the accusations made by disbelievers to be false and unfounded.
- God’s Eternal Plan of Salvation offers new perspectives on man’s premortal and earth life, the after-life, and the after-death rewards of the righteous. It also focuses on ten of the essential tasks that man needs to accomplish on earth.
- Are You Saved? challenges the reader to evaluate the validity of his own claim to salvation as it discusses fourteen similarities between LDS and Protestant doctrines, then points out seven differences on essential issues and doctrines.
- The final chapter, Recognizing Techniques of Deception in Anti-Mormon Literature, warns of the extensive use of “yellow journalism” against The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It then identifies 24 deceptive techniques which are sometimes being utilized to deceive church members and non-members alike.
Here then, is a comprehensive presentation of many key doctrines of the gospel of Jesus Christ, as embraced by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The book is a readable, thought-provoking, and challenging defense of the faith in its many Doctrinal Dimensions.
If you’re a Bible-believing Christian, and truly are seeking Bible truth and guidance, this book, most definitely, is for you! Read it, pray for confirmation of its truthfulness and doctrines, and rejoice in the answers you receive!
6″ x 9″ hardback