by Sandy Halverson
The projects found in Church History Activity Book are entertaining challenges for young children—they involve them in the scriptures, making them dig for answers in order to solve the puzzles. Many LDS parents want to teach their children the history and doctrines of the Church, but motivating young people to study the scriptures and history can be a challenging task. This book provides at least a partial solution to the problem. The activities vary in level of difficulty, but all can be done by children of elementary school age. They will follow mazes, color spaces to find hidden words, draw pictures, complete dot-to-dot drawings, match events and places, arrange the chronology of events, and complete crossword puzzles. In other projects, they will read reversed writing in a mirror, decode messages, make up words, do word-search puzzles, read word-and-picture stories, underline key messages, match books with their contents, unscramble names, answer multiple-choice questions, fill in missing words, and more. This book generates fun as well as learning! Church History Activity Book is the second of several books for LDS children by this creative author. Her Book of Mormon Activity Book provides the same type of entertaining motivation in another area of interest to Latter-day Saints. Her book Preparing for Baptism serves as a useful outline for children approaching the age of accountability.
- Find the Hidden Name
- How Many Words Can You Make?
- A Mirror Mystery
- Find the Hidden Words
- Draw a Picture of the Sacred Grove
- Joseph Smith and the Golden Plates
- Number the Events in Order of Joseph Smith’s First Vision
- Help Joseph Get the Plates Safely Home
- Make Words from the Letters in “Golden Plates” and “Hill Cumorah”
- Draw What Joseph Found in the Hill Cumorah’s Stone Box
- What Did Joseph Learn in His First Vision?
- Can You Decipher These Words?
- Who Were These Three People?
- Decipher the Code and Discover the Names of the Eight Witnesses
- Can You Correct These Sentences?
- Can You Read This?
- Color the Numbered Spaces to Find the Picture
- Find Three Names in This Puzzle
- Follow the Lines to Learn What Happened to the Three Witnesses
- Match the Descriptions to the Books of Scripture
- Finish This Picture of the Kirtland Temple
- Unscramble the Names of These Heavenly Visitors
- A Multiple-Choice Quiz
- Match the Events and the Places
- A Church History Crossword Puzzle
- Help the Saints Get Away from the Missouri Mobs
- Fill in the Missing Words in The Articles of Faith
- Who Was in the Carthage Jail?
- A Coded Message from the Scriptures
8.5” x 11” paperback