by Sandy Halverson
The projects found in Book of Mormon Activity Book are entertaining challenges for young children—they involve them in the scriptures, making them dig for answers in order to solve the puzzles. Many LDS parents want to teach their children the history and doctrines of the Book of Mormon, but motivating young people to study the scriptures can be a challenging task. This book provides at least a partial solution to the problem. The activities vary in level of difficulty, but all can be done by children of elementary school age. They will follow mazes, color spaces to find hidden words, draw pictures, complete dot-to-dot drawings, match events and places, arrange the chronology of events, and complete crossword puzzles. In other projects, they will read reversed writing in a mirror, decode messages, make up words, do word-search puzzles, read word-and-picture stories, underline key messages, match books with their contents, unscramble names, answer multiple-choice questions, fill in missing words, and more. This book generates fun as well as learning! A page at the back provides answers to the various puzzles and activities.
Book of Mormon Activity Book is the first of several books for LDS children by this creative author. Her Church History Activity Book provides the same type of entertaining motivation in another area of interest to Latter-day Saints. Her book Preparing for Baptism serves as a useful outline for children approaching the age of accountability.
- Find the Hidden Words
- Unscramble these Book Names
- Lehi’s Path to the Promised Land
- A Picture of Lehi to Color
- Correct These Sentences
- A Dot-to-Dot Wilderness Journey
- Put These Events in Order
- Draw Lehi’s Dream of the Tree of Life
- Names of Book of Mormon Leaders Anagram
- Match the Fathers to Their Sons
- The Book of Mormon Mystery Word
- Alma’s Journey to the Waters of Mormon
- A Mirror Mystery
- Who Did What?
- What Do You Think the Liahona Looked Like?
- Match the Numbers
- Find the Hidden Prophets
- What Did These Words Mean?
- Draw a Look-Alike
- Uncode the Message
- Letters to Finish
- How Many Words Can You Make?
- Find the Book of Mormon People
- Trace the Lines to Identify the Anti-Christs
- Find the Names of Mosiah’s Sons
- Missing Vowels in Jesus’ Sermon
- Moroni’s Title of Liberty
- Draw the Story of Samuel the Lamanite
- A Scripture Word Picture
- A Book of Mormon Crossword Puzzle
- Bookmarks to Cut Out and Color
8.5” x 11” paperback